Did you know that ½ my family and I have A.D.D.? Guess what, so do many dentists, police officers, fireman, and so many other professions.
We actually don’t have a focus issue; we have an overwhelm problem. Life is so much easier if we are FOCUSED.
After all, who does well when stressed or confused?
If you want to be more productive, you must reduce your distractions.
- Turn off the distractions or notifications. Anytime you are working on your business or trying to get a task done, do just that and nothing else. Trust me, you will accomplish so much more and faster.
- Make your plan or your list the night before. Get this off your brain before you have trouble falling asleep or it wakes you up to write that down. Do this BEFORE checking emails, social media, or your phone notifications. Prioritize your list and make the list realistic. Schedule when you will do your list. Yes, schedule the amount of time it will take to get your list done.
- Have a comfortable place to work that is free from distractions. Make sure it’s in a clean area so you don’t get distracted or sidetracked.
- Enjoy some quiet time, prayer, or meditation. Settle down your thoughts and do some deep breathing. 5 minutes a day could do wonders for many people.
- Get 7 or more hours of sleep. This is such a great health goal. Be sure to be evaluated for sleep apnea or other medical issues if you are exhausted all the time. Don’t be afraid to seek professional help or counseling to get emotional support.
- Set realistic goals. Your goals may be too large and overwhelming. Break down your goals into smaller ones. This will let you focus for shorter periods of time and feel more accomplished.
- View your calendar and task list. Set visual reminders to focus. Set timers or whatever you need to get your task done. Tell your team, friends, family, or anyone around that you don’t want to be interrupted. This is important to do!!!!
- Learn to Play. Take the time out for yourself to have fun and celebrate your wins. Recognize yourself or give yourself a reward for your accomplishments.
I can’t tell you how many people all my life says to me, “You will accomplish anything you put your mind to.” It’s so true, and that is how I get stuff done.
If you are overwhelmed, don’t know where to begin, or just want to talk. Reserve your call with me. I love to serve dentists and relieve stress off my colleagues.